Sumo Suggestions
All my maps except the earliest few are movement enabled. This is for a reason, camping is a rampant issue. Mappers cannot be relied upon to make maps unable to be camped on, and to be frank it's not my problem if someone joins a server of a language they can't speak and then gets confused by instructions. I would look at some way of developing multilinguality as the solution.
Lead Administrator
Sumo Scripter
Sumo Map Creator
First Player to reach 100, 200, 250 and 300 recorded wins
First Player to reach 100 recorded duel wins

[Image: sig.php?name=Confucius]
(04-04-2018, 06:03 AM)Confucius Wrote: I would look at some way of developing multilinguality as the solution.
Whilst it is possible. It'd make updates take weeks instead of a few minutes. As i'd need to wait for translators to update strings when changed or first created. It'd hugely delay the currently very smooth and swift update process.
[Image: sEUTTDLR.png]
[17:42:17] <@SugarMommy> *aaah daddy~ .. spank me.. HArd~*
(04-04-2018, 06:03 AM)Confucius Wrote: All my maps except the earliest few are movement enabled. This is for a reason, camping is a rampant issue. Mappers cannot be relied upon to make maps unable to be camped on, and to be frank it's not my problem if someone joins a server of a language they can't speak and then gets confused by instructions. I would look at some way of developing multilinguality as the solution.

agreed 100% agreed
[Image: giphy.gif]
(04-04-2018, 07:34 PM)Redirect Left Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 06:03 AM)Confucius Wrote: I would look at some way of developing multilinguality as the solution.
Whilst it is possible. It'd make updates take weeks instead of a few minutes. As i'd need to wait for translators to update strings when changed or first created. It'd hugely delay the currently very smooth and swift update process.

As a demonstration. These are the two language files currently. The russian one is unused, as it was done for a seperate Russian server that was never really completed
English: http://thefoxbox.xyz/english.inc
Russian: http://thefoxbox.xyz/russian.inc (by DialUp)
These files only contain about 60% of the strings used, there is still a lot of strings that haven't been put into seperate languages and are still hardcoded in the core instead. So they'd be even more to do per language.

So I can do it so you can change language ingame, but I don't think there is enough community support and interest to get the translations done.

Everytime I updated something, or added a new sentence or string. All languages, and we'd need more than just English & Russian) would need to be updated at the same time, else it wouldn't work, or I'd have to revert to English where no translation exists.
(04-06-2018, 07:49 AM)Redirect Left Wrote:
(04-04-2018, 07:34 PM)Redirect Left Wrote:

As a demonstration. These are the two language files currently. The russian one is unused, as it was done for a seperate Russian server that was never really completed
English: http://thefoxbox.xyz/english.inc
Russian: http://thefoxbox.xyz/russian.inc (by DialUp)
These files only contain about 60% of the strings used, there is still a lot of strings that haven't been put into seperate languages and are still hardcoded in the core instead. So they'd be even more to do per language.

So I can do it so you can change language ingame, but I don't think there is enough community support and interest to get the translations done.

Everytime I updated something, or added a new sentence or string. All languages, and we'd need more than just English & Russian) would need to be updated at the same time, else it wouldn't work, or I'd have to revert to English where no translation exists.
Whether it is possible to make it for rules in which to add some important game moments, in such cases it will not be necessary to translate all text
"Good job" admins.
protection of violators 10 \ 10
Hello!
In a duel When a loser leaves the game immediately no win is awarded to the winner
yesterday the named MrGoat
he left at the moment of my victory
even if it's just a game.
I dont like that
in my chatlog.txt, I saw that he had done the same trick at Theman
extracted below:

[17:14:03] {997A3C} [ADMIN] {FFFFFF} theman kicked MrGoat. [Reason: {997A3C} Quitting to prevent duel loss {FFFFFF}]
[17:14:04] [KICKED] MrGoat

So my suggestion:
is it possible to change that.
Punish the one who leaves the game by taking away a point of his victories (for example or make another blam) and reward the winner as in a usual duel
Thanks
(05-03-2018, 07:57 AM)Joe59 Wrote: Hello!
In a duel When a loser leaves the game immediately no win is awarded to the winner
I dont like that
extracted below:

[17:14:03] {997A3C} [ADMIN] {FFFFFF} theman kicked MrGoat. [Reason: {997A3C} Quitting to prevent duel loss {FFFFFF}]

So my suggestion:
Punish the one who leaves the game by taking away a point of his victories (for example or make another blam) and reward the winner as in a usual duel
Thanks

The suggestion is good, but there is just one problem, sometimes people crash in middle of duels or they get desynced and need to quit, in such instances people quitting is fair, but what MrGoat does is a bankable offence, and if he is caught doing so will result in a ban, because he is already been warned and it's not the first time he's doing such an offence.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think it's good the way it is currently, and next time if you see him doing so please use /report in-game and/or report on forum and he would be punished according to that.
[Image: sig.php?name=theman]
(05-03-2018, 10:33 AM)theman Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 07:57 AM)Joe59 Wrote: Hello!
I dont like that
extracted below:

So my suggestion:
Thanks

The suggestion is good, but there is just one problem, sometimes people crash in middle of duels or they get desynced and need to quit, in such instances people quitting is fair, but what MrGoat does is a bankable offence, and if he is caught doing so will result in a ban, because he is already been warned and it's not the first time he's doing such an offence.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think it's good the way it is currently, and next time if you see him doing so please use /report in-game and/or report on forum and he would be punished according to that.
OK
It has been added so that whoever quits the duel forfeits it, and the other person is credited with the win. (Revision 4146)
(05-03-2018, 10:25 PM)Redirect Left Wrote: It has been added so that whoever quits the duel forfeits it, and the other person is credited with the win. (Revision 4146)
Well
thanks