The Great Map Cull
So, I'm going to start cutting down on poorly liked maps, and maps where the balance is off and rarely gives the intended outcome (yes, I know some maps are intended to be a time sink or kill getter, rather than winnable - maps with that intention won't be removed for that reason). I'll keep removing five every several days, until I feel there are no other maps that are exceptionally worse than the rest. Using my own personal opinion, and the results of /rate

The following maps are removed in the first set of five.

The Grid
The Grid Extreme
Deserted Island
Disco Inferno
Tubes & Rings

You can see the rating of all maps here; http://thefoxbox.xyz/mapdata.php - so make sure you rate all the maps, and feel free to say maps you think need removing in this thread. If you think it would be better if it was repaired or altered in some way other than removed entirely - use the Map Alteration thread.
[Image: sEUTTDLR.png]
[17:42:17] <@SugarMommy> *aaah daddy~ .. spank me.. HArd~*
Great idea
"Good job" admins.
protection of violators 10 \ 10
The one i nominate for now is Dumper Dodgers, very small and very hard for new players.
AAh , that map .. Its unique but its difficult and the Dumper makes it a nightmare for the nubs... Tongue

Making it a bit large, would be good.
[Image: sig.php?name=roosterking]

The Fidget-Maker Dodgy
The following have been removed as of now

Bekar Road
Bekar Road 2
Long Zeb
Susimap
Under The Water
Vanishing Roads 2
HeavenRide

These are maps that have been played a significant amoutn of times, but have relatively low ratings.
Some more maps that should be removed because they cause a lot of rage amongst people(regulars), or maybe temporarily disabled until player base rises up.
These include:
Heli Hell, counter to the ratings it causes a LOT of rage among players.
Andromada wars: Same reason.

Even though these have great intention of bringing diversity in vehicles to play with, but the people don't seem to like them, so they should be disabled temporarily.
The following maps are removed

Crazy Map
Heli Hell - This map doesn't work with people with abnormally high or low FPS (GTA SA physics engine is shit, and these people cannot actually get off the ground)
Valet
Dodo
The Glitchy Map 1/2/3/4/5 - these all have fairly low ratings
The Grid 2
Was about to post a bug regarding the helihell map...

(When you duel, you get an invisible helicopter, just like your opponent)
[Image: sig.php?name=roosterking]

The Fidget-Maker Dodgy
well, that bug is now fixed.

accidentally
Map Pentagram is removed, as its by far the most RTV'd map (http://play.sumoserv.com/mapdata.php)
IT'S HAPPENIIING.
The following maps have been removed, due to have a lot of plays, but not a lot of rating.

2 Fast 2 Furious
Sky Ride
Invading The Military (original only, the altered texture version is still in cycle, and renamed 1 instead of 2)
Road Range
Sky Route (with a huge EIGHT rating in 480 plays)
Rooftop Paradise (with a huge TEN in 474 plays)
ROFLCopter
Stoob Etercnoc

For the record, these are currently the top ten maps by rating
#1 TheMap 1
#2 Air Pressure
#3 Ricochet
#4 Warp
#5 Dead Cars Land
#6 Speedway
#7 Jump Around
#8 Descent Roads
#9 Map X
#10 Jupiter Island

You can see these here for yourself; http://thefoxbox.xyz/mapdata.php (play data updated once every 24 hours, ratings are live)
Roflcopter? :O
Never seen anyone complaining in that map, plus it's nostalgic and good representation of true Sumo map: not too small, not too big, plenty of space to run around, plenty but not too many camping spots if you roll a shitty car, and an unique healing feature. If I knew it was this close to being removed, I'd have made sure to throw it a good vote =/

The rest is understandable, although I believe the classic Invading The Military would still be up there too, if it had healing enabled, as it's a tight map and therefore should have it.

Kinda surprised to see my map and even Heli Hell in top 20, since the normies are always complaining about them being too difficult xD
[Image: sig.php?name=Dasher]
(07-10-2018, 10:51 PM)DeivuxxX Wrote: Roflcopter? :O
Never seen anyone complaining in that map, plus it's nostalgic and good representation of true Sumo map: not too small, not too big, plenty of space to run around, plenty but not too many camping spots if you roll a shitty car, and an unique healing feature. If I knew it was this close to being removed, I'd have made sure to throw it a good vote =/

Agreed.
delete all dead life rooster and xk maps
[Image: ClxvhYt1Brs.jpg]
(07-11-2018, 09:34 AM)Johnny Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 10:51 PM)DeivuxxX Wrote: Roflcopter? :O

Agreed.
They obviously don't like it enough to actually /rate it. In 441 plays, it has a rating of 17. This means it is #302 out of 343 maps currently on the map data page (old maps get deleted after they aren't played for an amount of time deemed 'not in cycle')