About the diffusion of the map '4road'
Hello
I'm not against this map but we see it all too much everyday compared to other
maps
this map sometimes appears several times in the same hour
there is a problem with the automatism
No?
I mentioned that. And RDL says that the cycle is completely randomised.
Although that is the case, I've seen for myself that some people stop playing and log off because that map appeared like three or four times within an hour and a half.
I can imagine how that looks to the newcomers ("omg, they must have like 10 maps max" or something).
Dunno if something can be done about it.
[Image: post-56814-1260970238.png]
4roads isn't the most map played by far, a lot of other maps get played more often in the random sequence.

the full list of maps and varying statistics is here, http://thefoxbox.xyz/mapdata.php (more evidence the server truly does log everything...)

You can sort the list by each statistics, which shows that for total plays 4roads isn't as played as people keep saying. I think its just people have gotten fedup of it so notice when it plays more than the others. I've removed it for now.
(08-05-2019, 03:59 PM)Redirect Left Wrote: 4roads isn't the most map played by far, a lot of other maps get played more often in the random sequence.

the full list of maps and varying statistics is here, http://thefoxbox.xyz/mapdata.php (more evidence the server truly does log everything...)

You can sort the list by each statistics, which shows that for total plays 4roads isn't as played as people keep saying. I think its just people have gotten fedup of it so notice when it plays more than the others. I've removed it for now.
I confirm that she appeared very often
this map may not be correctly saved in the list at each time
The only saving the map cycle does is, it retains knowledge of the last 10 maps played, as that is the minimum gap between map plays. However because each map is chosen randomly (as long as it is over 10 maps ago), the gap between plays can be 11 maps, or 9999 maps. There are some maps that haven't been played for over 2 weeks but are still in the cycle (again, viewable from the statistics page).

Some solutions are to run the maps in the order they appear in the list, however the list is sorted alphabetically (for no reason other than it makes it easier for me to scroll and find a map when i am removing or amending the list). So i'd need to randomise their listings (easy to do), as i think people won't like them if thy played in order, as that means maps and sequels to maps get played in order and sequence first (so they'd be like 5 roadways maps after each other).
The other option is to increase the minimum time between plays to something higher.

For now, I wil leave it as it is, 4roads was the 2nd map in the list, so if the new second map in the list (4 We See?) also plays repeatedly compared to the others, the 'random' sequence is somehow broken.
So i looked it up because i know none of you would be motivated enough to do it yourself.

These maps were added the same week as the others, and are still in the cycle, the play times is the number shown. It wasn't the most played map, even from the list of maps added in the same week (and not removed yet)
4roads 553
RoD 445
Inferno 720
Bayside 211
Tunnel Route 186
Xtreme Madness 319
I say what I noticed, it happened that this Map appeared several times in the same hour (or less than an hour ). Players often said "again" when this was the case.
but thank you for watching
(08-05-2019, 09:13 PM)Redirect Left Wrote: The only saving the map cycle does is, it retains knowledge of the last 10 maps played, as that is the minimum gap between map plays. However because each map is chosen randomly (as long as it is over 10 maps ago), the gap between plays can be 11 maps, or 9999 maps. There are some maps that haven't been played for over 2 weeks but are still in the cycle (again, viewable from the statistics page).

Some solutions are to run the maps in the order they appear in the list, however the list is sorted alphabetically (for no reason other than it makes it easier for me to scroll and find a map when i am removing or amending the list). So i'd need to randomise their listings (easy to do), as i think people won't like them if thy played in order, as that means maps and sequels to maps get played in order and sequence first (so they'd be like 5 roadways maps after each other).
The other option is to increase the minimum time between plays to something higher.

For now, I wil leave it as it is, 4roads was the 2nd map in the list, so if the new second map in the list (4 We See?) also plays repeatedly compared to the others, the 'random' sequence is somehow broken.

Exactly it's 4 We See which appears most often now
3 times by following tonight