Sumo Suggestions
The main issue is, if you did that a lot of people would die without anyone being credited with the kill.

If you get credited with the kill, then its because the other person either didn't do much damage (so the server is still classing it as your kill as you did the most damage), or the server didn't register the hit due to lag (usually high ping or packet loss), this means the other person wouldn't have been credited with the kill anyway as the server didn't register it correctly.

I'm not sure if its possible to recode it in a more accurate manner currently.
(07-26-2018, 06:10 PM)RoOsTeRKiNg Wrote: I appreciate the idea.
It will start from 0 , and everyone would have the equal chance of being the King of the Map (or whatever).
The only problem we had , was , players playing 24/7 will have greater advantage which, in my opinion is just fine.
You wanna be the King? Then keep on playing. Tongue
This should encourage people to play more, and ehm, try to win and stuff.

But.... Who would like to see Ikexx and Voodoo get all the awards? :3 (I'm not active myself, I do not know if they play 24/7 like they used to , before.)

To your point brother, a solution to that could be is to make each map loaded once eg LVAP or Jump Around map loads only once every day or 2 days, maybe then some people win back to back but they might not get the "King Of The map" rewards, but that won't be a matter since I believe it's impossible for anyone to win that King of the map rewards, because they can win in multiple maps, but not at same one multiple times and OBV this reward won't be valid if there are 5 or less than 5 players online just like it works for achievements or missions
[Image: giphy.gif]
Banged It!
Now it looks even better.
[Image: sig.php?name=RoOsTeRKiNg&img=3]

[ Dodgy ]
The issue here is, the server currently does not record this information, so everyone starts at 0 already. Also, the people who play a lot will end up King of the Map for like... 99% of them, you're not going to convince people to play more than they actually can do anyway. Some people just currently don't do anything else, for X Y or Z reason, which isn't for us to judge why or why not.
(08-02-2018, 11:17 PM)Redirect Left Wrote: The issue here is, the server currently does not record this information, so everyone starts at 0 already. Also, the people who play a lot will end up King of the Map for like... 99% of them, you're not going to convince people to play more than they actually can do anyway. Some people just currently don't do anything else, for X Y or Z reason, which isn't for us to judge why or why not.

Look you and DialUp are right about Old players have advantage but unless there is a challenge (in this case, old players advantage) why would you think anyone would like to put their time in becoming King Of the Map, so I would suggest to apply it as a test, you can remove it anytime if players complaint about it, but I believe it's not gonna be the case
[Image: giphy.gif]
Hi
I never thought of talking about it before
since a long time
a votekick is not possible after making a report
and the cheater sometimes continues long enough if the bot server does not intervene
why not change that?
you have to wait for the next map to do the votekick
if possible it would be nice to do both in the same part
Thanks
What is the reason it tells you for not being able to votekick? As far as I know, you should be able to report and votekick them.
(08-30-2018, 02:54 AM)Redirect Left Wrote: What is the reason it tells you for not being able to votekick? As far as I know, you should be able to report and votekick them.

You can not vote kick for a player who use cheats and red.
there are also cases when in the next map you can not kick the cheater at the beginning of the game, I do not know what is involved in this.
"Death and pain are just a small price to pay for the enjoyment of battle!"
(08-30-2018, 02:54 AM)Redirect Left Wrote: What is the reason it tells you for not being able to votekick? As far as I know, you should be able to report and votekick them.
OH sorry I'm wrong. I just checked in my chatlog.txt, creating a votekick is possible after a report.
it's when the cheater is red that it's not possible anymore (for a report or votekick)
as say " Dead_LIfe "
That is intentional, so people cannot try to votekick someone just to stop someone winning. You need to get them reported and votekicked before they turn red.
yes it's intentional of course
if the cheater wins there is no alternative but to wait for the next card
and start over again
thanks
Maybe you are pointing that you only get once chance to votekick a hacker in a map.
What about reducing the votekick-cooldown-time ?
[Image: sig.php?name=RoOsTeRKiNg&img=3]

[ Dodgy ]
I've removed the limit on each person calling one votekick per map, and the delay between vote kicks has been reduced to thirty seconds. If it gets abused, i'll put them back.
The removed player of the game by a votekick should have a more severe penalty.
it's painful for everyone to see the cheaters start again without worrying about their cheat he's starting again (when they return) a few minutes later.
And reports do not always trigger the server bot
The reporting function works by it requiring the player to then trigger one of the internal warnings that'd be visible to admins, except with no admins to view it, if the player has been reported, they'll simply be kicked.

It's hard to really make that time longer, as then it can be abused more to get an innocent person removed from the server for longer.