Sumo Suggestions
(12-03-2017, 05:35 AM)theman Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 02:46 AM)Neyla Wrote: /weather including the sandstorm weather? Cause when it happens I just can't see a THING, I have to have my camera overhead so i don't fall off 200 times haha.

Actually, /weather was created to reduce fps lags caused to some players due to a certain weather. But, since we see it can be used in rainy weather by everyone, we can use it to make the roads less slippery in general, even though it doesn't decrease our FPS. Confucius might've realised this when he played last time, so I think we'll agree that either it should be limited to maps which allow it as per map author's choice, while creating the map, or disable it entirely.
The weather alteration is used by map makers to add an element of surprise in their maps to make it look better, so let's keep it that way.

The problem is experienced players all do it in order to get better performing vehicles. This could be argued as breaching the play fair rule, but the easiest solution is to restrict all maps to sunny weathers only.
Lead Administrator
Sumo Scripter
Sumo Map Creator
First Player to reach 100, 200, 250 and 300 recorded wins
First Player to reach 100 recorded duel wins

[Image: sig.php?name=Confucius]
Or just not allow the stormy weather. I have a map in mind that'd be foggy for the atmosphere (if I ever get myself to putting it together). I don't think any other weathers than storm can cause performance issues. And if it's too dark for someone, they should just fix their screen brightness.
[Image: sig.php?name=Dasher]
The only weather that causes me problem is the thick sandstorm, It's almost unplayable for me.
(12-10-2017, 10:58 AM)Neyla Wrote: The only weather that causes me problem is the thick sandstorm, It's almost unplayable for me.
Same, almost every machine I've played on, thick sandstorm lags like fuck
Why not add the number of points that the player receives for the mission, for example, "the player fulfilled the mission of the movement and receives 3 points of the mission"
"Death and pain are just a small price to pay for the enjoyment of battle!"
I came across one topic and took from there a couple of your suggestions, just as I had new.
  1. Set a maximum of 50 points (premiums exempt). Further missions can be done for fun, but won't add to the point count. - (not bad)
  2. if there is a possibility to do a limited amount of water or increase the time required to re-quench the machine, since in 15 seconds it is difficult to crack the machine for an explosion.
  3. there is also a proposal for the end of the game, if there are 2 players left, they are sent to a duel where they have to fight with each other, other players can watch him that they can not use an ally for an easy victory. there is a problem of the difference in the machines, but I think you came up with something.
"Death and pain are just a small price to pay for the enjoyment of battle!"
(12-10-2017, 10:15 PM)Dead_LIFE Wrote:
  1. Set a maximum of 50 points (premiums exempt). Further missions can be done for fun, but won't add to the point count. - (not bad)
This was done ages ago
What he meant was limit the points for premiums too, so that they can't have unbelievably high points.
That isn't what "premiukm exempt" means.
For now, sumoserv.com is just blanket redirecting to the forum. Will do so until I have a new website running there.

Anything specific people want to see on a new front page for server site?
(12-13-2017, 12:07 AM)Redirect Left Wrote: For now, sumoserv.com is just blanket redirecting to the forum. Will do so until I have a new website running there.

Anything specific people want to see on a new front page for server site?

Well, decorated things often don't look so good, especially when they act as a ''front page" .
I don't know , there's nothing going on my mind right now..
Maybe, showing the total number of accounts registered, in a corner?
Like :- WE HAVE 1000 PLAYERS PLAYING!
But it doesn't look good ...........................
What about , name of ''old'' players? Or maybe even experienced (old) admins,
Along with the pictures of some "good" maps, that look ''good''?
Maybe even real-life pictures of some of the ''staff - members''

I don't know , my mind just can't think up of anything today...
You guys decide.
[Image: sig.php?name=RoOsTeRKiNg&img=3]

[ Dodgy ]
I think a home page should be made, the forum literally is just plain, atleast for me, the feeling of Christmas is over shadowed by looking at the forum. Perhaps homepage could show random screenshots of people from the topic 'Sumo Nostalgia' or 'server screenshots' as a slide show, or maybe give people time to capture more new screenshots and post them in separate topic made for homepage.
But yes, I really would like to see something more cheerful.
Oh YA!
I'll just go and gather some screenshots xD (well, I'll try to capture some good ones)
[Image: sig.php?name=RoOsTeRKiNg&img=3]

[ Dodgy ]
There probably won't ever be a new front page for the website, as its above my ability to make one that looks anything near professional.

There is still a new design at http://sumoserv.com/new/ - but I don't have the CSS knowledge to properly format columns and similar at both sides and bottom for different stats, just a huge table at the bottom which looks shiiiiiiit.
https://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
My reaction when people type "HACKS" as a reason when reporting someone without being (Even slightly) specific about what mod/cheat they're using.

[Image: tumblr_inline_n0ea3lrPjr1rhignx.gif]