Idea: Map Twists
So this is an idea i had yesterday, but forgot to post.

Idea is that every so often, not every map, the server will get players a menu, and t hey can vote to alter the map in some way, and add a twist to it from regular play.

The possible settings change depending on the map, in the example below, the 'Only Fast Vehicles Spawn' wouldn't appear if the map was already using the FAST loadout. Also the 'double win time' would probably be reduced to 25 or 50% more, as doubling the default win time of 400 to 800 is just too long realistically speaking.

Anyway, the important thing is, is this the sort of thing you'd like to see on server, any other suggestions for 'twists', or is this something you don't want to see anyway?
[Image: m!mK5!CkiC.png]
[Image: sEUTTDLR.png]
[17:42:17] <@SugarMommy> *aaah daddy~ .. spank me.. HArd~*
Trait system is cool...
And as it's not for every map, it won't cause any trouble, I think ..
Also
Who doesn't like something new xD
[Image: sig.php?name=roosterking]

The Fidget-Maker Dodgy
(01-10-2018, 07:43 PM)RoOsTeRKiNg Wrote: Who doesn't like something new xD
It'd be set as a random chance, probably with a random of (an average) every 5-7 maps. It'd also be renamed the twist system instead of trait, probably easier for non English natives to understand, but I made the demosntration image yesterday when i was still going to be called traits
The first thing is to make the first option as 'No alteration', for obvious reasons, second, don't make the win time to more than 25% increase.
Overall, I like the idea. Would suggest modifications if any come to my mind.
I like this idea, makes it way more interesting to play some maps.
Well. If its 2x Total Time for the map , It would be a Nightmare for Campers, for sure Tongue
{still, can't think up of something that can be added}
Please update it ASAP xD

The Fidget-Maker Dodgy
The higher win time would probably be no more than 25%, or just not used entirely and another potential twist added instead
How about enabling ramps/barrels on maps that don't usually support them? As I know there's only a handful that use them.
<3

[Image: U5BQhYst.jpg]
One of the possible options i thought of could be 'Hard Mode' - which does the following
  • Disables spawning of overly good vehicles (no dumpers, dunes etc)
  • Disables spawning of overly shit vehicles (no tugs, sweepers etc) - this is to balance the above, so the frequency of really bad ones isn't increased and to keep it all vaguely middling vehicles
  • Ignores vehicle rating (it essentially treats everyone as 500/1000, a number with no negative or positive changes)
  • Ignores any forced vehicle time left on your account from the previous map you played
  • Disables /loadcar & /switchcar
  • Disables /mission
  • Disables /dip
The following cannot be realistically changed by hard mode
  • Disable ramps - some maps use this mechanism as a required way of accessing certain areas, (ie: Warehouse)
  • Disable map repairs - some maps use this mechanism to make up for maps that by accident or design take health away (ie: Velocity)
  • Disable custom map repairs - would require a lot of editing of all the maps that did it (ie: Gas Mania)
Hard mode sounds extremely juicy, I'm up for it, would just be an extremely fair game in the end, everyone spawning in similar vehicles and no bonuses.
(01-14-2018, 01:51 AM)Jessica Wrote: Hard mode sounds extremely juicy, I'm up for it, would just be an extremely fair game in the end, everyone spawning in similar vehicles and no bonuses.

The idea would basically revert Sumo back to how it was in the first few years. Quite basic, and vehicles weren't really swayed by user actions.
I'm in for this idea totally.
Hard Mode... BRING IT ON Tongue
+1 from my side.

The Fidget-Maker Dodgy
Hmm.. What about the GTA3 Icon? Will it be gone in the Hard mode?

The Fidget-Maker Dodgy
It will be removed, potentially permanent as the icon placement isn't very easy to resolve its often buggy places.
Some of the basic work needed for this is added in R3999. So that pretty much makes it official it will be added in the short future.