Sumo Server Championship
I have an Idea for Sumo that could make more players to be a part of Sumo Server as well as the Older Players be more regular to earn something big,also as a 10th year anivernary(Congratz for that) idea,The Sumo Server Championship

Here is what i think it is gonna work

A Player is selected every month on the basis of Wins,Average Positions(2,3,4 etc),Rank,and Achievements,Making him to participate in the Sumo Server Championship which is gonna happen after atleast 11 Championship Players(you can make it 10,8,6 its upto you) are selected(players can use /champion command to see who is leading for the Championship battle)

After that Those 11 Players will go head to head during that last month until the End of the Week,the Player with the combined of best Average Finish/win/rank Earned will be Crowned as the Sumo Server Champion and will be rewarded Something special at the End(Its Upto You what you can give em as a reward)

Note:Since Only 1 player is selected every Month for the Championship,all players will fight to win,instead of just driving around,showing their keen interest in playing at Sumo Server for a grand Price at the end of the championship(Well it certainly will be dependent on the Reward to be given at the End)

During the Championship Month,if a Championship player fails to win,and anyone else will win,then those 11 players Average finish will decide who will Move on for the Championship fight

At the Championship month Each week 4 Players with the worst Avg Finish is eliminated leaving only 3 Players to compete for the final week and the big price(eliminating 2 players at Championship month or 1 is upto how they finish,but i expect that atleast 3 players should be left for the Final Week,part the Excitement)

Please Add on to this,if you think i miss something,i am hoping this is just gonna make Sumo Server's 10th Aniversary worth it,rest its upto you
[Image: giphy.gif]
Wow..
Just wow.
It takes the competition to a whole new level.
But the only thing that I wanna add is, the time is little bit too much.. i mean, instead of selecting the players
Every month, why not select players every week? or maybe even, everyday?
[Image: sig.php?name=roosterking]

The Fidget-Maker Dodgy
(03-13-2018, 06:05 AM)RoOsTeRKiNg Wrote: Wow..
Just wow.
It takes the competition to a whole new level.
But the only thing that I wanna add is, the time is little bit too much.. i mean, instead of selecting the players
Every month, why not select players every week? or maybe even, everyday?

As I mentioned in the top,its to make old players regular to play as well as new players to involve more in Sumo,as they play during whole month to get some wins/average finishes and compete for the sumo Championship,my idea behind this is to make players to play more(old/new) and also to make them feel that they are going for something big at the end,when everyone just fight for every win and best finishes, its just gonna make sumo,really exciting to be a part of,and that's why I decides to add a month since it really hard to figure out which player has been regular and with best average finishes(which is impossible if players are selected per day),and selecting them per week is just gonna make this look easy(something I don't want to see),because unless there is a challenge to win big,its not gonna be fun to watch,maybe after the player who is selected for the championship round can maybe relax(be less regular, gain lower average finishes) since he gets locked for the championship at the end,but I would not suggest to do that as it might make a decision to win or loose a championship(point standing/rank plays a factor in this role)
Any sort of championship would probably be better if it used duels.

It would also be possible to do this using code to keep track of tournament wins and losses.
[Image: sEUTTDLR.png]
[17:42:17] <@SugarMommy> *aaah daddy~ .. spank me.. HArd~*
(03-15-2018, 01:33 PM)Redirect Left Wrote: Any sort of championship would probably be better if it used duels.

What do you mean by that ?
Duels are controlled environments that can't be ruined by others.
Oh. So here in the special duel arenas, we'll have our matches.. But I do wonder if there can be 2v2 or 3v3 matches.

The Fidget-Maker Dodgy
(03-15-2018, 04:32 PM)Redirect Left Wrote: Duels are controlled environments that can't be ruined by others.

If you say you wanna do that for the Championship month(i mentioned above)then it is OK,although I still prefer it should be done on open basis(no special area for Champion playing at same area as others),making it even challenging for those 11 players(who get selected for Championship),to get wins or good average finishes,because as I said my idea behind this is to make players Response to Sumo server (whether they are new or returning/old players) more and make it hard enough so that they can even feel they earned their spot in the Championship, just like in NASCAR(National Association of Stock Cars Auto Racing) America,I am just saying your Duels idea is nice,although it would matter more when they compete on the regular day instead of spawning them on a separate zone(that's what i think),after all every other player in Sumo should even witness how to become a Sumo Server Champion
Tournaments should occur on a single map that plays throughout game. When the map is over the normal ones load again. Every hour or so it forces back the the tournament map, so everyone old earn more points.

At end of week or month, who ever had earned the most on those specific maps only, got a prize. Say a month premium, or a voucher £20 for Steam

Doing that gives normal play, but also tournament stuff in background. Will keep people online waiting for next chance of the tournament map coming up.

At start of tournament, it randomly picks a map. Anything that happens 8n that is added to your score. Other maps won't. Then at end in a few days time, it can rank bases off how people did in that map. Doing this also makes it possible to modify a map specifically to be a target map for contests.
(03-15-2018, 09:45 PM)Redirect Left Wrote: Tournaments should occur on a single map that plays throughout game. When the map is over the normal ones load again. Every hour or so it forces back the the tournament map, so everyone old earn more points.

At end of week or month, who ever had earned the most on those specific maps only, got a prize. Say a month premium, or a voucher £20 for Steam

Doing that gives normal play, but also tournament stuff in background. Will keep people online waiting for next chance of the tournament map coming up.

At start of tournament, it randomly picks a map. Anything that happens 8n that is added to your score. Other maps won't. Then at end in a few days time, it can rank bases off how people did in that map. Doing this also makes it possible to modify a map specifically to be a target map for contests.

My idea was nice but you made it even better honestly,but as long as it stays with the motive to keep all players(old/new) active,I am okay with it
The best way of doing it, would be to use duels.

Run a 'tournament' for about 2 to 4 weeks. A win is 2 points, a draw is 1 point to each player, and a loss is -1 - at the end of the competion. Whoever has the most points wins.

For whoever wins, easiest is probably to give them a voucher for Steam (probably about $25 or $50), or something else that makes winning worth it, free premium or something.

It'll be possible to make Sumo count whatever happens during those 2-4 weeks as seperate to the other duel stuff, but still add to your overal duel wins/losses/draws. So it counts both things simultaneously.
I'll be waiting for 'my' $25+ Steam Voucher . LOL..
Or..
The players would be allowed to choose between various options like
Free premium for a month
Some steam Voucher
(I stole the idea, and can't think up of something else lol.)
Let's add some twist in the matches.
In first round, the players (1v1) can use Barrels.
In second round, they'll get a Dumper .
In third round, they'll be able to use SMG.
But the final, match ,will be simple

The Fidget-Maker Dodgy