Vehicle Rating
For the past week, vehicle rating has been disabled, and everyone has been treated as having a rating of 500/1000
It's still coded, but due to how Sumo is made, nearly everything can be disabled by setting a 1 to a 0, or adding a 'return' in a single place.

Which leads to the long term problem. I can't really (i could) leave it disabled. It either needs altering to be more useful, or removing entirely.

One option is adding multiple languages. But that is a lot of initial work, and requires a lot of maintenance each time new strings are added or old ones are altered in a manner that needs translating too. The other option is to alter all strings related to vehicle rank to something eas ier to understand, if they're not already at their most basic manner of describing things.

The other thing is, is it because the system is not balanced enough? It is currently purposefully made to be a lot harder to gain score than to lose it. To discourage the sort of behaviour that is mildly annoying a lot more than anything else.

So basically, what do you peeps think is the best solution here?
[Image: sEUTTDLR.png]
[17:42:17] <@SugarMommy> *aaah daddy~ .. spank me.. HArd~*
I think that you need to do something like that
The rating should not affect the ramp if it is not equal to 0, say 100 points. (However, this is the rating of the machine and must influence the machine)
so why not balance the receipt and loss of the rating by increasing the effect of losing the rating,
that people would not want to lose the rating,
"Good job" admins.
protection of violators 10 \ 10
It is a bit difficult to earn the rating, but its quite easy to lose it - as said,

That's the reason newbies can't earn it and end up asking same thing again and again ( and still , they're not able to understand how it works)..

Hmm.. Maybe it's already been discussed before..

I support the idea , where, the players with less total-time, or.. the 'newbies' will neither gain the rating , nor lose it, i.e their rating will be Locked at 500 ..
For others, who are a bit older and more experienced , the rating will work just as it is..

Hmm , by reading Dead_LIFE's reply, I think , he means that we need to balance the rating system and try not to make hard for the players to earn it..
I thought I was in support for the idea, of reducing the rating that the player needs, to spawn ramps or barrels..
But.. again.. Its already at the lowest one, that is the VeryLow Rating ... So , I just can't decide..
I can agree, the players with the less rating , should be allowed to do /rtv ... But again, we have the Other Guys with bad rating. ( thats another topic, you all know what I mean Tongue)

But .. its Rating.. It just can't be a piece of cake to earn it , can it be?

Or

Removing the rating and replacing it with Rank... It will be useless.. maybe..
As we earlier had Ranks , which was just .. useless. ( If we are not going to follow the same concept of the ranks, that we had earlier, it may turn out to be good)

Adding multiple languages to the script will not only help the players to understand Rating, but also other stuff too.
Like , you need to keep moving etc..
It will surely take time to update the logs in various languages, but I think it will worth it..

Another Idea,

Why not display the message "DONT CAMP!" In front of the camper's screen, just like announcement 2 .. or like in the map AirPressure( Grand Charge Loading *w/e*)

Or Or Or

Whenever the player camps, their screen will turn a bit reddish..

If they are camping for just half a minute or so , their screen will turn Pink.

As they keep on camping , the color will keep on getting darker.. And at the end, it will be red...
OR maybe even it will block their view, and they wont be able to see anything and eventually .. die ..
[Image: sig.php?name=roosterking]

The Fidget-Maker Dodgy
Long time ago I had one anti-camping idea. I don't like the current "respawn if not moving" thing, it could be better to take 15% of current health (the less health he has, the less is taken)
This way server may force the player to move without total ragequit because of the respawn
Quote:2013: <~Redirect_Left> I don't like you.
2017: <~Redirect_Left> I like DialUp, he's cool.
RoOsTeRKiNg Wrote:I support the idea , where, the players with less total-time, or.. the 'newbies' will neither gain the rating , nor lose it, i.e their rating will be Locked at 500 ..
For others, who are a bit older and more experienced , the rating will work just as it is..
I hadn't considered that. I like this suggestion. Let them get a few hours up before unlocking it.

RoOsTeRKiNg Wrote:Another Idea,

Why not display the message "DONT CAMP!" In front of the camper's screen, just like announcement 2 .. or like in the map AirPressure( Grand Charge Loading *w/e*)
If they can't understand already because they can't read English adding more won't help.

RoOsTeRKiNg Wrote:Or Or Or

Whenever the player camps, their screen will turn a bit reddish..

If they are camping for just half a minute or so , their screen will turn Pink.

As they keep on camping , the color will keep on getting darker.. And at the end, it will be red...
OR maybe even it will block their view, and they wont be able to see anything and eventually .. die ..
WTF i can't see
Server bugged
This is shit
/q

(04-11-2018, 04:52 PM)DialUp Wrote: Long time ago I had one anti-camping idea. I don't like the current "respawn if not moving" thing, it could be better to take 15% of current health (the less health he has, the less is taken)
This way server may force the player to move without total ragequit because of the respawn

I like this idea too, provided something indicates that they are losing health and why
Lead Administrator
Sumo Scripter
Sumo Map Creator
First Player to reach 100, 200, 250 and 300 recorded wins
First Player to reach 100 recorded duel wins

[Image: sig.php?name=Confucius]
Wondering ,What if the map has auto-repairs?
[Image: sig.php?name=roosterking]

The Fidget-Maker Dodgy
R4132 removes vehicle rank entirely.

I'm not sure what i'll replace it with yet, though.
[Image: sEUTTDLR.png]
[17:42:17] <@SugarMommy> *aaah daddy~ .. spank me.. HArd~*
(04-15-2018, 01:00 AM)Redirect Left Wrote: R4132 removes vehicle rank entirely.

I'm not sure what i'll replace it with yet, though.

Player ranking? Based on kills, wins, deaths etc. I guess you could just replace vehicle with player and keep everything the same
<3

[Image: U5BQhYst.jpg]