What Do You Dislike Most / Want Changing Most
OK, so i'm out of ideas and things to do, so lets ask you guys.

What do you dislike the most, or/and want changing the most in game? It can be anything at all, that can actually be changed through coding / scripting.

Let me know, and I'll try to do any that are feasible.

Alternatively, you can also post in the suggestions part of the Discord, which you can find by clicking on here, if you have Discord installed; http://sumoserv.com/discord
[Image: sEUTTDLR.png]
[17:42:17] <@SugarMommy> *aaah daddy~ .. spank me.. HArd~*
Hello,

1 °) I am perhaps not in the good section (as it is a suggestion)
I thought lately why not refuse the inappropriate votekick, as it's often the case for votekick for high pings, or for camping.
this kind of votekick would then be useless with a specific announcement (in red?) for the player who typed it
"This is not a valid reason for your votekick"

I have already been almost insulted by Frenchmen because I did not participate in this votekick. Of course, since I know they are not useful

2) Regarding the game I liked the period when the cards appeared randomly (unless wrong on my part, if I remember at the beginning that I came)
without being based on their note as I currently feel (I have the impression) I often see the same cards in loop
Sincerely
The only thing i can do RE: votekicks is to find the reason specific, and say no to it. So if they typed 'ping' as the reason, don't allow the votekick to happen. However I cannot stop them from typing a false reason, or 'ping' in a different language. I can only go off what is written there. I am aware this is a bit of an issue, but its hard to control, without jsut removing it.

What do you mean by 'cards', do you have a screenshot of what you mean? I'm not sure what you are referring to there. If its the cards at the end of the map saying how you did, i'm already working on redoing them so its easier to get a higher score, but not a full 10/10.
(09-16-2018, 06:32 PM)Redirect Left Wrote: The only thing i can do RE: votekicks is to find the reason specific, and say no to it. So if they typed 'ping' as the reason, don't allow the votekick to happen. However I cannot stop them from typing a false reason, or 'ping' in a different language. I can only go off what is written there. I am aware this is a bit of an issue, but its hard to control, without jsut removing it.

What do you mean by 'cards', do you have a screenshot of what you mean? I'm not sure what you are referring to there. If its the cards at the end of the map saying how you did, i'm already working on redoing them so its easier to get a higher score, but not a full 10/10.

OK..after..
for the Cards..
Sorry..Because it's not always just of translate french => english with google
i want say..the maps
but now the maps are in an order more random since
some days (or so I dreamed)
Thanks
The map cycle hasn't changed, although there is now a lot of maps in there (about 320). They all play in an entirely random order, there is no fixed order for them to play in.

Due to the nature of 'random' it is hard to say if there is a difference or bug, as you can never tell if its a bug, or an unlikely random chance. If you think its still wrong in a few days time, let me know, its possible its ignoring some maps.

There is map data here; http://thefoxbox.xyz/mapdata.php - it includes the last time a map was played. It seems to be working fine, but some of the old maps that are now removed still appearo n that (I'll try to remove those soon) htis page should be a good indication of everything to do with maps.
I think joe59 right, it's easy to see from the statistics of the cards, so again you did not notice what I was saying about the statistics of the cards, which obviously do not take into account some maps, and being on the server for a long time, they were played very few times, less than the number of times actually played.
"Good job" admins.
protection of violators 10 \ 10
Maps that have not been played as often are probably just newer. That page has statistics going back 2-3 years. Which is why some maps have a much larger amount of plays than others. The database is continuous, and remembers things from years ago. The map Air Pressure for example has been on server for over 5 years, so it makes sense it has over 1000 plays.

Some maps will also have higher than average as its the default map that starts whenever the server needs to reload.
(09-17-2018, 05:57 AM)Redirect Left Wrote: Maps that have not been played as often are probably just newer. That page has statistics going back 2-3 years. Which is why some maps have a much larger amount of plays than others. The database is continuous, and remembers things from yeses ago. The map Air Pressure for example has been on server for over 5 years, so it makes sense it has over 1000 plays.

Some maps will also have higher than average as its the default map that starts whenever the server needs to reload.

Personally I think it is not a good idea to refer to the notes of the maps for their order of appearances and that it is better to let them appear in a random mode as it was the case before the votes by / rating for Maps
The problem is, since it started loading maps based upon 'being new' or 'most votes in rating', the average player count has gone up, which seems to indicate people prefer to play maps with higher ratings (surprisingly).

It only gets a specific map every 25 + up to 7 minutes (the 25 minutes is minimum, there's a random 0 to 7 minutes added on top of that, to give the impression its not exact in game), so incase of getting rid of it entirely, I can just make it fetch a map at a higher interval. The issue then is, you'll be playing maps with no specific rating more often, meaning you might get more shit maps more often, and it also means newer maps will play less often, so you'll be stuck playing the same old maps more frequently, instead of new ones appearing frequently until they've been play a decent amount of times.

Also, when it chooses a high ranked map, it will randomly select any of the top 20, and when its getting a map with not a lot of plays (a new one), it'll again select any of he bottom 25, so there is a large amount of maps (45) it can select when it fetches a high ranked or new map.
It is not simple indeed then if there is no other possible solution obviously..
thanks
My old idea was generating map flow at the mapfs script init, so all maps will be played for sure + each map will be played only once. Next map list iteration = sort them randomly again. Yep, this way all maps become equal, but this completely throws away cases when the map is being played too often.

I liked days when /chance gave you cool, or poor car, for sure. Without missions, etc. I know you say /dip is almost the same, but for me the difference is so huge, I've stopped using it at all.
Quote:2013: <~Redirect_Left> I don't like you.
2017: <~Redirect_Left> I like DialUp, he's cool.
The problem with /chance was, it didn't encourage people to play more, whereas now you need to play more to do missions and actually earn it. But yes, the actual outcome of /dip is the same as /chance, except a slightly higher chance of free premium, and the chance of getting a 'bad' result is about 20% less (so you don't feel cheated too much when you have to earn the points) - so overall, /dip is a lot better than /chance in what the actual results are.

Also, the map injecting of high ranked and new maps has been disabled to see if that makes it better for you Joe. However, you will probably find you play a lot of more middle to low ranked maps as it isn't constantly putting in high ones.
For me, I think that all maps have at least the merit of existing.
It does not matter what their levels are, as we are not all of the same opinion.
Seeing poorer maps never bothered me.
DELETE ALL DEAD LIFE ROOSTER XK AND BUNNY MAPS THIS SUCK
[Image: 2VjFJm7p0KY.jpg]
Multiaccounting rule
Sumo had always small amount of players. You should do everything to not ban players (except cheaters ofc). Instead, You've let some admins massively ban players for multiaccounting. Just before I left admin team there were ~30 active bans for multiaccounting, that means they were made in last 20-30 days, You can imagine how many people were banned totally for stupid multiaccounting only. That will be always my main reason of loss of players.
Bans
Actually, temporary bans aren't that so bad, but permament bans should be given more often. It's sad that You banned permamently KWAC so fast, who wasn't even a cheater and You want to do nothing to people like FEON1993 or GodeKhus, who both were banned more than 6 times for cheating. I don't know if other admins do that but I used to spectate players that were banned and their ban expired, most of them were still cheating. Because of that, Admins have to waste time on watching them and with perm bans it would take 5 minutes to figure out they are ban evaders. Also, What's the sense of allowing them to join server again? If they were interested in playing fairly, They would make ban application.