Retro Mode
SUUUUP.

So if you've looked on Discord lately, you'll have noticed lots of revisions and me talking about this.
Basically, I am introducing 'retro mode', whe in retro mode, the server will only chose old maps, and not the new ones. It'll also select maps that do not play normally, as they were removed, but as they're old and farily good, they'll play during retro only. This means some old players will see maps they've not seen for over 3-5 years, and new players will get to see the old maps as new maps.

Some maps are also reverted to their old version in retro mode, this is especially true of Ballin', which had the map overhauled several month after it was made, but this will turn it back to how it used to be over 8 years ago.

So the main question to ask is, what time do you want retro mode enabled? I was thinking to do is on Saturday or Sunday, however i am open to other times if you think of any. Also, let me know if you know of a map that is old and should be played as part of retro mode. You can reply here, or in the Discord.

-cheers!
[17:42:17] <@SugarMommy> *aaah daddy~ .. spank me.. HArd~*
Roadways hype
Boku no Pyro
(10-27-2018, 04:01 PM)PyroManiac Wrote: Roadways hype

for obvious reasons, there's only two of them in the cycle for retro, otherwise every 2nd map is roadways.
VanRoads
Oasis
Oasis2
Oilfieldcapers
Invading the military
Original50
Caligula (no_big_bike)
Dogfight
Diversion (original version)
Up & Down
ROFLCopter
Pier sumo
Deception
Deception II (Very short lived - I must be the only one that remembers that one!)

Oh, and Space Sumo
Lead Administrator
Sumo Scripter
Sumo Map Creator
First Player to reach 100, 200, 250 and 300 recorded wins
First Player to reach 100 recorded duel wins

[Image: sig.php?name=Confucius]
Owl Rings
Sumo Motel
Got Luck
Simplycity
On The Edge
TC 1
Ballin'
Church of Madness
Sky High Golfing
Twister
Air Pressure
[12:00:31] <SumoC> Arma_Monster was banned by IRC Admin [Reason: Speed]
[12:00:31] <SumoA> Arma_Monster has earned 'I've Got Luck'

[Image: 27xhxmp.jpg]

[Image: sig.php?name=Robbe]
(10-27-2018, 09:13 PM)Redirect Left Wrote:
(10-27-2018, 04:01 PM)PyroManiac Wrote: Roadways hype

for obvious reasons, there's only two of them in the cycle for retro, otherwise every 2nd map is roadways.

Ban anyone who complains about there being "too many roadways"

There's no such thing
Boku no Pyro
So here is the current playlist for Retro Mode. If it says 'Retro mode only' then its a map that has been removed from normal cycle, and is reintroduced only to play in Retro mode, if they become popular again, I'm happy to readd them to normal cycle too.

Air Pressure
Atlantis (Retro mode only)
Area 51
Atown
Ballin' Original (original map for Ballin', will not play during normal play, and will switch back to the updated map)
Caligulas (Retro mode only)
Canyon Pass
Car Park
Cedar Pine (Retro mode only)
Chernobyl
Church of Madness
Cross The Bridge
Deception
Deception 2 (Retro mode only)
Deepwater Horizon
Dogfight
Driveby 1
Drunken Pilot
Dumper Dodgers
Dumpers Cave
Dumping Ground
Earthtree
Facility
Farm Sumo Original (Retro mode only)
Floater
Flood Control
Gas Mania
Got Luck?
Graveyard
Gunzel
Hotel Hell
Hospital Rush
Inception 1
Invading The Military (Original map, will switch back to the retextured modified map after Retro mode)
Karts vs Ranchers (Retro mode only)
Las Venturas Fun
Los Desperados (Retro mode only)
Los Santos Capers
Low Water
LVAP
LS Sumo
Mothership
Oasis Motel
OilFieldCapers
On The Edge
Owl Rings 1
Parkour
Platforms 1
Pier Pressure
Predator (Retro mode only)
Repair Mania
Ricochet
Roadways 1
Roadways 5
ROFLCopter
SFAP
Simplicity 1
Sky High Golfing
Sky High Sumo (Retro mode only)
Sky Ride 1
Stadium Brawl (Retro mode only)
Sumo Oasis
Superbowl
TheMap1
Town Chaos 1
Town Chaos 2
Triple The Fun (Retro mode only)
Turismo Paradise
Twister
Up & Down Original
Valet (Retro mode only)
Vanishing Roads
Velocity 1
Velocity 2
Warp
Wet Pants (Retro mode only)
Wharf (Retro mode only)

I'm not sure if this is a long enough list of maps to entertain people for an entire day though, so maybe just X day afternoon?
77 maps, factoring in the usual lull and average play times on maps with active players, you'll probably only get one active play per map on each retro day.
Lead Administrator
Sumo Scripter
Sumo Map Creator

Might be enough then, I ran a test on sunday afternoon (UK time), using about 30 maps. Nothing broke, except a typo in the cycle script causing a freeze, but i did it whilst i was awake and on the PC on purpose so i could fix it all ASAP. For the retro mode only maps, some of them have been modified slightly to fix any glitches, mostly known excaping holes in a few.

I also thought it'd be fun to bring back maps from many many years ago, that might introduce them to people who've never played them before, Karts vs Ranchers, Wharf & Wet Pants for example, so hopefully that goes well and doesn't cause a huge backlash of haters. If so, i reckon KvR will bring in the most raised eyebrows, after all, it was just a silly minigame on the roleplay server from like 11 years ago now. I think probably only me and Confucius will remember that now. Having said, Canyon Pass is still there too, which i seem to remember was another minigame originally (/rancher, based on its filename being rancher.pwn)
/rancher was just ranchers on that rock
Lead Administrator
Sumo Scripter
Sumo Map Creator

Such excitement, how easily we were amused in [RP] days.
Retro Mode is now coded to automatically play, on Saturdays from 08:00 til midnight, GMT/UTC+1 (Paris time).

This first one will be important for ironing out glitches in especially the older maps and the new core, and if they load correctly, locally it all worked fine.
If it breaks, harass me on Discord DMs, I'll unmute discord on my phone for that day, so even if i am asleep, if you harass me on Discord it'll still wake me up.

You can forcemap (/fmap) any map in cycle, including those in retro mode only. You can also force a non retro map on retro day. That isn't an invitation to go nuts, its a note so you know you can force a map and restart server to load that if needs be.
(10-30-2018, 02:16 AM)Redirect Left Wrote: Retro Mode is now coded to automatically play, on Saturdays from 08:00 til midnight, GMT/UTC+1 (Paris time).

This first one will be important for ironing out glitches in especially the older maps and the new core, and if they load correctly, locally it all worked fine.
If it breaks, harass me on Discord DMs, I'll unmute discord on my phone for that day, so even if i am asleep, if you harass me on Discord it'll still wake me up.

You can forcemap (/fmap) any map in cycle, including those in retro mode only. You can also force a non retro map on retro day. That isn't an invitation to go nuts, its a note so you know you can force a map and restart server to load that if needs be.
Hello
Last Saturday I had to leave.
the little that I tested (of memory.. a little in the morning and at the end of the day) I saw no difference only the usual maps
No retro mode
I'm not sure it really works
As I did not test long enough I did not dare to bother you in Discord and I did not see other players talking about it
So it should have run from 8AM until midnight server time, which is GMT +1. Did the server ever say it was in retro mode? it should give a message at least once per hour when its active.

I'm not at home all this weekend, as im visiting my boyfriend about 200 mile away. So unless the issue is found quickly, i can't do anything until Monday.
(11-08-2018, 08:34 PM)Redirect Left Wrote: So it should have run from 8AM until midnight server time, which is GMT +1. Did the server ever say it was in retro mode? it should give a message at least once per hour when its active.

I'm not at home all this weekend, as im visiting my boyfriend about 200 mile away. So unless the issue is found quickly, i can't do anything until Monday.
OK I misunderstood I thought it was a retro mode occupying all day.
I will watch Saturday
PS: I did not see any text referring to "Retro mode"