Samp compatible with Windows 10 (pro version)
Question 
Does anyone know if both gta sa and samp are compatible with the pro version of Windows 10 and have there been any issues in terms of compatibility?

I still have that CD/DVD version of gta sa and I’ve used it both on xp and Windows 7 but I’m not sure if it will do any good with Windows 10 pro version. The only issue I’ve heard about was the alt tab issue, when you hit alt tab your screen turns completely blank and if you hit in again, it should go back to your desktop, if I’m correct.

Have you guys had any issues installing gta sa (DVD) and samp onto Windows 10 Pro? Please let me know, your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I've been using SAMP on Windows 10 for a while and so far no issues. Even if there are some issues, you can just tweak the compatibility settings and set it to tun as administrator etc. The usual stuff.
[Image: post-56814-1260970238.png]
Yes it works fine. I have 10 Pro with the steam version of SA.
(04-29-2019, 02:38 AM)Redirect Left Wrote: Yes it works fine. I have 10 Pro with the steam version of SA.
So I'm guessing it will work the same way on CD like it does on steam and do you get the downgrader from the game front website or some place else?

(04-29-2019, 03:23 AM)science guy Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 02:38 AM)Redirect Left Wrote: Yes it works fine. I have 10 Pro with the steam version of SA.
So I'm guessing it will work the same way on CD like it does on steam and do you get the downgrader from the game front website or some place else?

100% Guarantee it will work just fine. I've got Windows 10 pro, CD version (on my desktop, most commonly played) and Steam version (on my laptop). Works fine both SA-MP and GTA SA, I don't know about the downgrade thing you are talking about
Yes. You need to replace the .exe with a 1.0 version, Steam is v3.0 - Ideally you also need to acquire an original /audio/ folder, as the Steam version has removed some songs from the radio for copyright reasons (their licence expired).
Sometimes I get a black screen freeze when I use /q so I quit from the desktop. Dunno if this is a Win 10 Pro issue.
(04-29-2019, 06:21 PM)Johnny Wrote: Sometimes I get a black screen freeze when I use /q so I quit from the desktop. Dunno if this is a Win 10 Pro issue.
hasn't happened to me.
GTA SA (not SA:MP, its an SA issue) doesn't like multi-monitor setups. So can sometimes cause issues, but this can be overcome with settings.
(04-29-2019, 04:55 PM)Redirect Left Wrote:
Yes. You need to replace the .exe with a 1.0 version, Steam is v3.0 - Ideally you also need to acquire an original /audio/ folder, as the Steam version has removed some songs from the radio for copyright reasons (their licence expired).
So it's the same process like how you'd install it on both windows 7 and XP.

(04-29-2019, 04:22 PM)Timid Wrote:

100% Guarantee it will work just fine. I've got Windows 10 pro, CD version (on my desktop, most commonly played) and Steam version (on my laptop). Works fine both SA-MP and GTA SA, I don't know about the downgrade thing you are talking about
I tried installing it on my desktop (via CD):
1. The install process was great, no problems at all just like how you would install it typically

2. Once I loaded it, it seemed like it was working fine until i got to the nvidia sticker, you know how it says "The way it's meant to be played" or something similiar to those lines.

3. It faded away but you can still see it, obviously it froze so I hit the Windows key on the keyboard and went back to my desktop. I've tried to enable direct play which that didn't work. I've even running the troubleshooter which said i should run it on Windows XP service pack 3. same problem happened.

Has anyone had this type of problem where you load up GTA SA, you come to the nvidia "It's meant to be played" screen and then it fades away even though you can still see it on the screen?

The application hasn't crashed or anything it's just that when it gets to that nvidia screen, it fades away but you can still see a little bit of it on the monitor and it just freezes.

I'll probably have to install the steam version now, since I've had that disk since like 2008 or 2009. haven't had any problems on Windows XP or on Windows 7 Sad

Now I'm gonna get people telling me "RIP" and what not, you know who you are Tongue