Ramp Abuse
Exclamation 
Should it really be considered an abuse? After all, can't it be a legit and smart way to play on maps where we can spawn ramps? I get the part where we can't them right onto other vehicles (in order to prevent glitching out other players, getting them stuck on objects and ruining their round), but spawning them in front of an incoming vehicle or just a vehicle which you're riding next to and close to a map border? It seems astute to me. Besides that, it's not that overpowered IMO, as everybody would be able to do that and be aware of others' possibility do it as well. It'll just require more finesse on each one's gameplay on those maps, putting them to an extra test.
I remember this being legit three years ago. What happened so this started being considered abusive? Did newbies start getting butthurt over this apparently OP move by more experienced players? Or is there something I'm missing related to this feature?
I also apologize if I'm creating a new thread unnecessarily, but the search I went through before doing it didn't show me any previous thread discussing this or explaining why this started being considered abusive.
I don't think its a problem considering you are not allowed to spawn a ramp on top of another vehicle, or if you can its very rare.

In addition, both players have the ability to spawn a ramp at the same time, and it is a way for players to avoid a collision with somebody trying to crash into them. I don't think it can be classified as abuse.

On top of that, it takes effort to be coming at somebody, and that somebody can always turn and avoid you before you have a chance to spawn the ramp.
(01-06-2020, 07:35 PM)Timid Wrote: It takes effort to be coming at somebody, and that somebody can always turn and avoid you before you have a chance to spawn the ramp.
Yup. Some (and only some, at there's a spawn cooldown) frontal collisions are safe from that ramp spawn, but the sides and the rear will remain vulnerable.
The actual abuse of it was that people were camping and yeah, using it to block people getting to them.. that's why it was called abuse. How do you reach their spot when they spawn a ramp to block your ramp? It's impossible really.
(01-06-2020, 09:38 PM)Jessica Wrote: The actual abuse of it was that people were camping and yeah, using it to block people getting to them.. that's why it was called abuse. How do you reach their spot when they spawn a ramp to block your ramp? It's impossible really.

Ramp spawns have a delay, if you know the players is going to spawn a ramp pretend to go up but stop before the ramp spawn location then continue. Also most maps that have areas to camp like that don't have ramp spawning.
Using ramps to block people is definitely against the 'fair play' rule.
Why isn't it fair if everybody can do it?
Everyone can cheat, that doesn't make it fair.