Seasons Beatings II - Tournament
Seasons Beatings 2

2020 has been shit. But lets make sure 2021 is better. From 15th December until 15th January. Most people will probably remember the original Seasons Beatings tournament from a few year ago.

It will work based upon points, each time you get a kill, more points, each time you win, more points. You cannot lose points, only gain them. Pretty much everything you do will get you points. With the difficulty of what you did earning more points, for example winning the game gives you more points than finishing a mission, but winning a mission gives you more than just killing someone. Killing a dumper give more than a perennial etc etc.
When the competition has started, you can use /points to get your total points, and your position on the score board. I won't be giving away the exact points each things earn, so you can't specifically aim for the highest thing. But safe to say, the harder it is, the more points you will get.

1st: A game on Steam* up to the value of £40. As well as in game rewards: 12 month free premium, 10 map select tokens. 7 flips and 7 fixes
2nd: A game on Steam* up to the value of £15. As well as in game rewards, 4 month free premium, 5 map select tokens. 3 flips and 3 fixes
3rd: In game rewards, 2 month free premium, 3 map select tokens.

everything else: You lose, you win nothing. Good day sir.

This post will be updated closer to start date with any extra information coded since this announcement.

* or any other platform where games can be gifted to other users.
Thank you ! It is quite generous to offer this, but only I have noticed many times, and I think I am not the only one, that there are big differences in degradations according to the pings.
which causes some injustice to the results obtained
Your ping shouldn't cause many issues with getting points in this tournament, unfortunately there is nothing we at Sumo Server admins can do about ping, as its based on your location in relation to the server, which is in Roubaix, France. The further you are from this location, the higher your ping will be.

SA:MP is also coded fairly poorly, where lag and ping makes a large difference to game play, rather than trying to make up for it. Hopefully in the future, Standalone Sumo will be better at handling this than SA:MP is at present. It is also possible than the open.mp movement may improve the lag issues in the future.
my ping is on average around 40/50 which makes me weaker when I meet a player with a very high ping.
I have often noticed this.
thanks that was just to mention it
This competition is now live.

The only help I will give in terms of how to get points, is that there needs to be more than 5 players online, for points to be awarded, same as (most) achievements

Have fun, and good luck to all.

Please note, that anyone who is caught cheating during the 1 month period of the competition, will be omitted from any prizes at the end, and any due will go to the next in line. So if you are banned by an admin, or the bot, for cheating by mistake, it is very important you dispute the ban and let us know, to remain eligible for any prizes.
nice, good luck everyone.. Smile
The tournament has now ended!.

The winners are
#1: [RAT]Riko
#2: Dead_LIFE
#3: Joe59

All in-game rewards have already been paid out. #1 & #2 need to contact me to organise the game rewards.

You can see everyones scores here, and this page will remain online for all who want to see for about 2 weeks after this post: https://sumoserv.com/comp
After I have slept, I will make another post about exactly how scores were computated, for those who didn't manage to work it out entlrely themselves whilst playing.

Thanks to all people who donated in 2020, the donation amount was much higher than previous years, which is what allowed me to create this tournament, and give back the extra unused for paying the server bills back to the players. If the situation is the same next year, I will do the same with any extra money left over from donations after server fees paid.
premium been paid already? I planned to share this with 4rd and 5th place (each for a month) if possible
"Death and pain are just a small price to pay for the enjoyment of battle!"
Congrats to the winners!
When life gets hard, the tough get tougher.

Vasudev Kutumbkum
Τhe gold will come with me to olympys
!WELL PLAYED deadlife
!WELL PLAYED papy
Best sumo player 2k20
wrong topic
second sentence, add a line with the number of available card change tokens, if there are more than one of them according to the principle 1 = bonus 2 = dip
(01-15-2021, 05:43 AM)Dead_LIFE Wrote: premium been paid already? I planned to share this with 4rd and 5th place (each for a month) if possible

I can take two month away from your current amount and give it to others if you want, your winning amount has already been given to you but I can take some of it away again if you want.

I have sent private messages to the two winners to start arranging giving prizes out.
(01-15-2021, 03:06 PM)Redirect Left Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 05:43 AM)Dead_LIFE Wrote: premium been paid already? I planned to share this with 4rd and 5th place (each for a month) if possible

I can take two month away from your current amount and give it to others if you want, your winning amount has already been given to you but I can take some of it away again if you want.

I have sent private messages to the two winners to start arranging giving prizes out.

yes, let theman and portallen get 1 month of premium. from my award.
(01-15-2021, 03:21 PM)Dead_LIFE Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 03:06 PM)Redirect Left Wrote:

yes, let theman and portallen get 1 month of premium. from my award.
This is now done.
As promised, here is how the scoring worked.

Firstly, no scores were given out if there were < 5 players online, otherwise;
  • Kills: The person you killed must have had 15 seconds or more, else you'd get +0 (spawn killing is bad m'kay)
    • If score so far is < 1500 +4
    • Any other score +2
    • Additional +1 if the player killed was red, or was using a 'good' car.
  • Win Game:
    • If score is < 250, + 50
    • If score is > 250 but < 1500, +25
    • Any other score is +11.
  • Complete Mission:
    • If score is < 1000, +9
    • Any other score is +3
  • Fail Mission:
    • Any score, +1 (only 40% chance of getting a +1 though)
  • Win MVP:
    • If score is < 750, +45
    • If score is between 750 & 2000, +33
    • Any other score, +15
    • Additional +5 if there were over 15 players online.
  • Win Duel:
    • If score is < 2000, +5
    • Any other score, +2
  • Draw Duel:
    • 50% chance of +1
  • Win Fastest Vehicle in a round
    • +2
    • Additional +3 if there were over 15 players online
  • Win Most Kills in a round
    • +5
    • Additional +5 if there were over 15 players online
  • Use /bonus (used as an extra reward for playing continual days)
    • If score is < 2500, +33
    • Any other score, +15
  • Dominate Player:
    • If players online is over 10, +3, else +0
  • Revenge on Player:
    • If players online is over 10, +2, else +0

The script used for this competition is below, so you can verify the authenticity of what is posted above, and to verify there was no biases towards or against specific users or groups.

Attached Files
.pwn   2021_comp_tracker.pwn (Size: 6.32 KB / Downloads: 4)